making sense

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2003
      Thanks Cadia for the input. I like what you have to say. As a buyer on Ebay, I set my prices and put in my bid on what it is worth to me and what I can obviously afford. If I am outbid, so be it, I put a bid in on what I thought it's value was to me. To the auction victor go the spoils. Now that I'm home for the next few months, I'm presently puttting together my inventory. I will say, I don't know the value of Da Box from Carmel. It is priceless to us'ens but I don't really know it's value per se. I bought it, not for its value, but to preserve it for the future.
      I still like Kleins idea for a virtual Museum. I suppose, being retired and interested, I could travel about and photo each item owned by members and others if we know who they are. At one time, Curt Blanding offered to go with me to photo some items though we never put it together to do so. Some owners could do that themselves.
      Having experienced the joy and memories of those attending my Carmel Show, I know that DB still lives in the hearts of some. They however, are passing on and as such, the living memories of DB are being handed down to younger relatives of those families that do not know or appreciate DB, like "grandma did".
      I like Michaels offer to talk with the Honolulu Academy of Arts about our interests. We'll see what they say. Great input and dialogue in the last few days. I thought everyone had lost interest in this group. Aloha.....tj