Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Chain of love

  • missndn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2003
      Hello everyone,

      Is the chain of love flower also called a Bleeding Heart? It grew in
      the Ozarks where I grew up and I always loved those pink hearts than hung like a
      chain on the vines. Oh, I know Don Blanding and I were kindred spirits. I
      would love to see any of his pen and ink drawings. The only book I have is
      Floridays which is my favorite art and poetry. Like Don, I left the Midwest to
      travel to Hawaii and Florida where I live now. I am an artist and I want to
      paint some paintings that are inspired by Don Blanding's work. What other books
      of his are available? Thanks for any information.

      Alita

    • mauibandb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2003
        They are flowers and we look out at our neighbors yard with them.

        Maui Tom

      • mauibandb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2003
          NO bleeding heart is blood red with white in side in hawaii it prefers
          partial shate . The chain of love is pink-chartreuse and falls llike a wisteria
          except very tiny flowers likes full sun

          aloha
          Maui tom