Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Blanding musical program

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 2003
      thanks so much Keith

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 9, 2003
        Keith,

        Congratulations on finding the Hula Moon program, and the Tropic
        Topics program for that matter.

        Now all you need is the one for Dream Girls!

        This past 4 months has been especially difficult for me and I have
        not kept up with transcribing the material from the Star-Bulletin.
        Earlier this week I finished reading both 1925 and 1953; the next
        batch will be from 1954.

        Among the piles of S-B stuff I have a number of articles about Hula
        Moon, Tropic Topics and Dream Girls. I believe the articles contain
        extensive lists of cast members and program details.

        I will try to get started again on transcription, and organizing the
        material into easily accessible binders and a database. My plans
        were sidetracked by the illness and death of a close friend and now I
        have some 30 boxes of collectibles from her estate to inventory and
        sell. My living room looks like a warehouse, and just now I'm not
        even sure where my Blanding files are!

        But I will try.

        ~~C~~
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 13, 2003
          Tom,

          Here are the songs from the two musical programs that I have.
          Blanding collaborated with R. Alex Anderson on both shows.

          TROPIC TOPICS REVUE, June 3-4, 1925:
          Deep Sea Fox Trot - music by Anderson
          Spinster's Son - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          Girl of My Dreams - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          Aloha Land - words and music by Anderson
          I'm a Derelict - words and music by Anderson
          Artist Song Girls - words and music by Anderson
          Song of Types - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          Golden Shower Girl - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson

          HULA MOON, May 2-4, 1928
          Overture - music by Anderson
          Hula Moon - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          Haole Hula - music & lyrics by Anderson
          The Rocking Chair Fleet - lyrics by Blanding
          Why Kihi-kihis Swim Home - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          Medley from Tropic Topics - music & lyrics by Anderson
          Song of the Lei - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          Good-Bye, Honolulu - music & lyrics by Anderson
          Choosing Her Twosing - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
          My Flower of the Rainbow - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 13, 2003
            Thanks Keith
            I was wondering for a long time about Haole Hula. It was too much like
            something blanding would write.

            aloha
            Tom