Re: [aloha-donblanding] Frederick J. O'brien

  • MICHAEL BROOKMAN
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 20 5:37 PM
      Keith, Who wrote the thesis and where might I find a copy? michael

      keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:Michael,

      I would also love to find out if they met. I posted the following
      message in March 2001:

      "Frederick J. O'Brien, whose 'White Shadows in the South Seas' placed
      him in the front rank of travel writers, came across a copy (of
      Vagabond's House) and wrote Blanding, 'Yours are the first authentic
      poems I've seen of the tropics. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed
      your book. It stirred many memories of my life in Hawaii at the
      beginning of the century and since.'"

      It was from a thesis written on Blanding in 1937.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 21 4:01 AM
        Michael B.,

        A transcription of Chapter 1 of the 1937 thesis by Mildred Maureen
        Maloney is at

        http://www.speakeasy.org/~duchess/db-thesis.html

        I am working on additional chapters.

        ~~Cadia