Re: Another New York Tribune column

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Thanks, Keith...

      After a summer of study and travel in Europe, I would imagine that
      Don had to earn a living once he arrived in New York. Writing pieces
      for the Trib may have been what paid the rent, so I'm hoping you'll
      find much more!

      Just now I am again reading microfilm from the Star-Bulletin, mid-
      1925. DB was certainly a busy boy! May 29 was the Quat'z Arts Ball
      for which he produced a revue, followed on June 3 and 5 by "Tropic
      Topics" for the Junior League. There's a photo of DB in costume for
      the latter; I'll do the best I can from a really bad newspaper image.

      Just a thought: Michael P, can you find out if the Junior League or
      Honolulu Academy of the Arts have archived photos from those 1920s-
      30s productions?