Re: [aloha-donblanding] Dr. Lovell

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
      What is the address for Dr. Lovell? He came and did some poetry readings for
      me in the early 90's for a May Day Don Blanding Poetry Competition we held at
      the Maui Inter-continental. I met his wife as well. I will travel to
      Seattle and Olympia in the fall. I could look them up?
      Yes and he was threatening to write the book then as well, it is something he
      had been working on before his retirement. He was able to interview a number
      of those who knew Don and have now passed.
      aloha
      Maui Tom

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
        Maui Tom...

        Perhaps you didn't see my earlier messages. Both Dr. Lovell and his
        wife passed away in the spring of 2002. Keith has been in contact
        with their son but it appears doubtful that any DB manuscript or
        research remains. To lose all that work would be a real shame; we can
        only hope the material surfaces with a relative or friend and has not
        been tossed.

        ~~Cadia
      • mauibandb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2003