Re: RE: [aloha-donblanding] Edith Hope Genee'

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2003
      -------Original Message-------
      From: Bev Leinbach <bevbach@...>
      Sent: 06/30/03 11:54 AM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [aloha-donblanding] Edith Hope Genee'

      You say she sold the box to the Vagabond House Inn? I'm curious about that. Where did you get that info from? I've been tracing the history of the Vagabond House Inn and haven't come across that info yet. Was the Vagabond House going to do a display of DB or something??? tj

    • tjmarkle2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
        I've been going through a lot of notes I took in Carmel when interviewing
        people connected someway with DB. Under Edith Hope Genee', I have the
        following name, of Judy Woodard of Salinas. My old memory bank has
        erased the meaning of that name and so, I send it out to all of you to see if it
        sparks some interest. I believe that Judy Woodard might be a relative of
        Edithe, perhaps a daughter, cousin, etc. I believe that when DB died, she
        might have received some of his things, like the typewritter that DB used, etc.
        The person that gave me this name is still in Carmel and I'll see if I can
        make contact with her again..but meanwhile.....
        Also, just a tidbit of info.....when I did the show in Carmel, I videotaped
        some people that were influenced by DB in some way. Yesterday I received a
        call from the wife of Clyde Oman, whom I videotaped, telling me that Mr.
        Oman had passed on. Mr Oman instructed his wife to send me a copy of his
        unpublished book he penned in WW2, influenced by DB. DB and Mr Omen
        had corresponded by letter when Mr. Omen was in the Philippine's. Clyde
        wrote poetry and did artwork in the style of DB and was heavily influenced by
        DB and so impressed with DB because he was his WW2 pen pal. I was
        honored that Clyde remembered me and willed me a copy of his book. He
        had quite a story to tell of his times in the war and was a true patriot and a
        brave soldier. He later became an elementary school teacher and used DB's
        book, Stowaways in Paradise, as a standard book that facinated his students.
        Part of my Carmel book on DB will be devoted to Clyde and those like him
        that were influenced by DB in some way. tj
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
          tj

          Judy Woodard's daughter contacted me last year after coming across my
          website. She put me in touch with her mother and we have corresponded
          several times over the last six months.

          I'm typing this at work and don't have my notes in front of me, but
          Judy did indeed inherit some items belonging to Edythe & Don,
          including a moonstone ring that Don gave Edythe which matched the one
          he had. Judy said that they were romantic for a time and the ring was
          given as a token of his love. She did not know where Don's own
          moonstone ring went to.

          Judy just returned from a trip and I'm waiting to hear back from her
          as Bev might go and meet her and help look through her garage.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
            I've been going through a lot of notes I took in Carmel when interviewing
            people connected someway with DB. Under Edith Hope Genee', I have the
            following name, of Judy Woodard of Salinas.

            TJ,

            She was the niece of Edith that sold the box of Don’s things to the
            Vagabonds House that you now have. I could never find a trace of her in
            Salinas.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
              That�s the story I got.

              You say she sold the box to the Vagabond House Inn? I'm curious about that.
              Where did you get that info from? I've been tracing the history of the
              Vagabond House Inn and haven't come across that info yet. Was the Vagabond
              House going to do a display of DB or something??? tj

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              Click Here!
              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249234.3323181.4612376.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705020083
              :HM/A=1588299/R=0/SIG=11s7lvvgc/*http://entk.net/a/4749/b/66/c/303/d/1/e/897?l