May 1936 postcard from DB to Annette Cornell

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2003
      I've just added images to Files: Correspondence of a real photo
      postcard sent by DB from Taos, NM on May 21, 1936. It shows a 2-foot
      snowfall on May 8, nearly burying what may be DB's new roadster.

      The card is addressed to M. Annette Patton Cornell c/o The Phelps,
      Cincinnatti, [sic] Ohio. Ms. Cornell apparently was publishing a
      magazine and DB asks for a subscription.

      DB comments: "I have a new roadster and am not writing in
      consequence." The card is typed, but signed in black ink (what? not
      blue?).

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2003
        Annette Patton Cornell is listed on Worldcat as the author of five
        poetry books, and there are a number of references for her on google.
        She mainly wrote children's poetry. I could find no reference to a
        magazine though.

        Her details:
        B. 8 Dec, 1897 in TN
        D. 9 Jul, 1986 in Cincinnati, OH