To Cadia and the Forum On Descendents of DB's Family

  • J. Hertzog
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
      Hi Cadia, I have one Aunt Barbara (Bobbins), who would be able to give much info on Don Blanding, and maybe some personal experiences.

      I am going to speak to her, ands ask for some info on DB, and I might be able to post her address and Ph#, I will ask her if she would mind
      Otherwise, I might be able to post it privately.

      I will do this, if any are interested, Barbara is 80 years old, being Don's second cousin.

      Glad you gave me this info, on my relationship with Don.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
        Aloha,

        Where does your Aunt Bobbins live…City, State?

        Hi Cadia, I have one Aunt Barbara (Bobbins), who would be able to give much
        info on Don Blanding, and maybe some personal experiences.

      • J.H.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
          Sanford, Florida.

          =====
          Jack and Wanda Hertzog
          413 S. Cypress Ave.
          Roswell, N.M. 88203
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
            Jack,

            That would be wonderful if your Aunt Barbara could give us some first-
            hand recollections of DB! I think this may be the closest
            living "cousin" we have yet found. Any letters, documents or photos
            also would add tremendously to our research material.

            The ancestor search is always so much easier through male
            descendants; it's quite remarkable that your connection to the Kimble
            line is entirely through the daughters. Let's see... your
            Aunt "Bobbins" is the great-grandniece of Ida Kimble Blanding, DB's
            mother who, we believe, died about 1927 in Honolulu. Although I have
            searched 1926-27-28 of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin almost line by
            line, I have yet to find any mention of her death. If your aunt can
            shed any light on her great-aunt Ida, that would be especially
            wonderful.

            The Files contain a Madge Tennent drawing of Ida that appeared in the
            S-B on Mother's Day 1927 with a DB poem.

            By the way, Sally Chapman (DB's step-grandaughter) lives in Fort
            Pierce, Florida. I wonder if we could get the two of them together
            for a chat? And Shad'O, are you still in Florida somewhere?

            About addresses and phone numbers:

            This message board is a public venue, where it is very unwise to
            provide personal contact information other than an e-mail address.
            Normally, I remove messages that contain home addresses or phone
            numbers, or even e-mail addresses of persons other than group
            members. Providing this information in private e-mails to group
            members is fine, of course, as long as you have permission from the
            person whose information is being shared.

            In 3-1/2 years we've kept this group fairly secure and problem-free,
            but a little extra security is always a good idea.

            Hope we'll hear from your aunt soon!

            ~~C~~
          • J. Hertzog
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
              Hi Cadia, I will try to call her tonight, and if she wants to give out a number I will get it back to you.

              She would be the Grand niece of Ida.

              Hope I can get some good info.