Trav'lin' With The Sun

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      This was sent to me by a visitor to my website.

      It's a song from 'The Sons of the Pioneers Song Folio No. 1, and
      the composer dedicated the piece to Don Blanding:

      "Trav'lin' With The Sun" by Bob Nolan

      Some folks long for the busy throng and the noise as they hurry
      by,
      But all I want is somewhere to go and a sun in the clear blue sky;
      For he makes the shady nooks where I can lie and dream,
      of you, my dear, and watch him dance along a lazy stream,
      He's a vagabond at heart, may our friendship never part,
      for I'm happy when I'm trav'ling with the sun;
      When evenin' comes I know he isn't far from here,
      He's just beyond the other side of somewhere near,
      But he'll be back at dawn and together we'll roll on,
      For I'm happy when I'm trav'lin' with the sun.
      Give me the open road, a song to sing,
      the sun above and you to bring
      the joy of living to this world of mine,
      Where he goes I'm right behind him for he beckons me
      to follow where he leads me to the open sea,
      He's a king and so am I,
      I own the earth, he owns the sky,
      and I'm happy when I'm trav'lin' with the sun.

      (copyright 1936 by American Music, Inc., Hollywood, California)