Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Scotty Creager @ USC

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 13 , May 25, 2003
      -------Original Message-------
      From: tompske <tompske@...>
      Sent: 05/26/03 01:42 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Scotty Creager @ USC

      Tom Tempske....are you related in any way to Armine Von Tempski?? If so, you could be a big help. tj

    • tompske
      Message 2 of 13 , May 26, 2003
        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, TJMarkle@c... wrote:
        > CHOWCHILLA BULLETIN:
        >
        > Got call from a lady in Chowchilla last night. She graduated with
        Hi there! Are you looking for a Tempske? I'm Tom Tempske. Can I help?
        Tom

        > Billie Jean Creager in 1942. She says that Billie Jean died about
        3-4 years
        > ago. Scotty did not attend school, at all, in Chowchilla. The
        family moved
        > there after possibly being transferred from Texas to Chowchilla where
        > Scotty's dad was the Supervisor for San Jouquin Cotton Oil in
        Chowchilla.
        > She wasn't sure but she used to call Billie Jean "Pinkie", but then
        thought
        > maybe that was Billie Jeans mom...she was going to call some other
        friends on
        > that one. Scotty wasn't very well known in Chowchilla as he was not a
        > "local" though his family was. My contact thought that maybe Scotty
        and
        > Billie Jean were 1/2 brother/sister as Scotty was obviously much
        older than
        > Billie Jean. In that there might be about 25 years between them,
        that is
        > certainly a possibility. Maybe Jack Ackers (Billie Jean's husband)
        can clear

        Message 3 of 13 , May 26, 2003
          Aloha Tom,

          von Tempsky
          Was your name shortened from von Tempsky. It is members of the Maj. Gustavus
          Ferdinand Von Tempsky & Emilia Ross Bell
          family that we are looking for. Helen von Tempsky who recently joined is a
          member of that family. Welcome Helen and hope all is well and settled with
          you.

          Scotty Creager

          Was Billie Jeans older brother and she had a older sister too.

          Mother Pinkie was 55 when she had Billie Jean.

          The Ackers do live in Az. and one daughter has all the things that Don and
          Scotty sent them. They are very proud of Uncle Don and anxious for his
          biography to be completed.

          Jack Ackers is very friendly as is his daughter whom I have visited with.

          There are photos in our files of Billie Jean, Scotty @ USC and Don with
          Scotty: Files, Photos, Family & Friends.

          I thought I had posted the photo of the art work that Don gave to Pinkie but
          can’t find it in our files. I’ll try to find it and post it. It is all
          original art work as you can see the pencil marks when you look close. No
          they don’t want to ever part with it.

          What we need to know is more information out of Chowchilla.
          The address of the house where Creager’s lived, which Jack did not remember at
          the time I talked with him or I forgot to
          ask????.
          Dates when Don & Scotty visited. Many from the stories told to me. Don &
          Scotty where at the wedding of Jack & Billie
          Jean, May 1945.