Re: [aloha-donblanding] DB in Hilo

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2003
      -------Original Message-------
      From: Helen von Tempsky <hvont@...>
      Sent: 05/25/03 09:01 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] DB in Hilo

      Great to hear from you. As a tribute, I've been collecting all of Armine's books. She was a facinating person and a great writer. Now I'll have to get the book you mentioned. This also facinates me as I did locate DB's unpublished volume of "No Strings on Tomorrow" in Carmel, which is a religious/spiritual disertation unlike any of DB's previous works. We can begin to trace this spirituality in his 50's publications, especial "Joy, is an Inside Job". Is there any more that you can share about Armine and Don? I've been asking about and tracing Armine in Carmel and have some references about her from the Carmel Pine Cone. Her death is still somewhat of a mystery and I've traced it to the Fresno Bee and LA Times Obit's but there isn't much known about the exact cause of her untimely and early death. As far as I know she died from the complications from the flu or pneumonia while in Fresno. I'd appreciate any further info if you might have it. Welcome aboard! tj

    • Helen von Tempsky
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2003
        Hello, I'm finally sending a message to all of you.
        My connecÝion to DB is through my aunt who lived in Hilo in the 20's & 30's
        In her book, HOLD ME FOREVER, by Helen Troy Elmore, c1971 by Vantage Press,
        she decribes Don on pages 53 & 54. It was after his marriage failed that "he
        took a sea trip on a freighter, searching for the life of his youth, hoping
        he could bring back that vagabond existence." While on the freighter a power
        spoke to him and told him what to do with the rest of his life. He later
        traveled around the US teaching Religious Science. This is accurate as far
        as my aunt and uncle were concerned.
        Aloha, Helen Troy von Tempsky
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2003
          Aloha Helen,

          Did your aunt tell you how and where she met Don?

          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2003
            Aloha, Helen....

            Thanks for letting us know about your aunt's book. I have just
            ordered a copy from a New Jersey bookseller and look forward to
            reading it.

            Can you shed some light on the spelling variation -- von Tempsky and
            von Tempski? I see both spellings in newspaper stories about Armine.

            ~~C~~