New finds

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 11:26 AM
      I recently joined a local writers group and we meet at Barnes/Noble on a monthly basis. So, it turns out, I'm attending a local function at Barnes/Noble honoring young poets and writers. Those young people will present some of their works tonight and there is a grand prize for the best open mic poet with the prize given by the local CHAPARREL POET SOCIETY. How's that for coincidence! So, tonight I will also take my 1940 Blanding/Genee' scrapbook with me as the title page is The Don Blanding Chapter of the California Federation of Chaparral Poets.....I'm wondering what history they might also have...I was actually surprised to learn of their existence. I had thought that they were a defunct group. I'll report back tomorrow. tj