Re: [aloha-donblanding] Jeanne Wright

  • tlady1654@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
      Keith - Thanks so much for responding. I would LOVE to have a copy of that
      article. I have several orginal photographs with my great grandmother and
      Don Blanding, the designs, etc - I wonder if the photo in the article is one
      of those. That would be really fun. Most of the photos I have no idea
      what/who they are! My mom was going to toss them but I intervened because
      I'd really like to learn more about them. Is there a way I can just contact
      you directly so that I don't have to leave all my personal info on the
      internet. I really appreciate your help!
      Pam
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
        Hello, Pam...

        Welcome! Within the group's website is a Members list -- through
        which you may contact any member individually just by clicking on an
        e-mail address. Even if the address is not fully visible, the
        message will go through.

        However, I would like to encourage members to share relevant
        information with the group. Each little tidbit helps in our
        collective research!

        You are certainly welcome to scan and upload photos to the group
        website, too, as long as the size and scale are reasonable. The
        Files section is filling up rapidly so Photos might be a better
        choice if you are not sure where a photo belongs. In either case,
        images should be less than 75 KB.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2003
          Sorry, but I lost the drift of this conversation. Pam who was your
          grandmother? Keith is Jean London a relative of Jack London?

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 15, 2003
            Bev,

            Pam's great grandmother was Jeanne Wright, who co-designed Don
            Blanding's first aloha apparel. Jean "Babe" London was a good friend
            of Don's. She was a silent screen comedian, and later, Honolulu
            columnist. Her papers were left with the University of Wyoming. she
            has no direct link to Jack London.

            Keith