Jeanne Wright

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
      Welcome Pam,

      I have an interesting article written about your great grandmother by
      Jean "Babe" London. It contains a very descriptive biography of her.

      I can send you a copy if you'd like. The article is about Jeanne and
      Don's collaboration on his first fabric design, Windy Willie and
      Calico Ann. There's a photo of them sitting together under a palm
      tree with the designs.

      Keith
    • tlady1654@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
        Keith - Thanks so much for responding. I would LOVE to have a copy of that
        article. I have several orginal photographs with my great grandmother and
        Don Blanding, the designs, etc - I wonder if the photo in the article is one
        of those. That would be really fun. Most of the photos I have no idea
        what/who they are! My mom was going to toss them but I intervened because
        I'd really like to learn more about them. Is there a way I can just contact
        you directly so that I don't have to leave all my personal info on the
        internet. I really appreciate your help!
        Pam
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
          Hello, Pam...

          Welcome! Within the group's website is a Members list -- through
          which you may contact any member individually just by clicking on an
          e-mail address. Even if the address is not fully visible, the
          message will go through.

          However, I would like to encourage members to share relevant
          information with the group. Each little tidbit helps in our
          collective research!

          You are certainly welcome to scan and upload photos to the group
          website, too, as long as the size and scale are reasonable. The
          Files section is filling up rapidly so Photos might be a better
          choice if you are not sure where a photo belongs. In either case,
          images should be less than 75 KB.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14, 2003
            Sorry, but I lost the drift of this conversation. Pam who was your
            grandmother? Keith is Jean London a relative of Jack London?

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15, 2003
              Bev,

              Pam's great grandmother was Jeanne Wright, who co-designed Don
              Blanding's first aloha apparel. Jean "Babe" London was a good friend
              of Don's. She was a silent screen comedian, and later, Honolulu
              columnist. Her papers were left with the University of Wyoming. she
              has no direct link to Jack London.

              Keith