Re: [aloha-donblanding] "Somehow"

  • Dorothea Heil
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 11:35 AM
      Sorry about the typo, The first line should read "Shadows of joys we knew,
      bid quick farewell"
      The other line is correct.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 2:48 PM
        Condolences on the loss of your mother.

        While there are several typos in the transcription of "Someday," I
        think Dorothea may have found an appropriate piece to read at the
        memorial service.

        Consider, too, that Don Blanding wrote two pieces titled "Somehow";
        one appears in Flowers of the Rainbow, p. 44, and clearly refers to
        living in Hawaii:

        Somehow here the moon is nearer,
        Warmer, brighter. Stars are clearer;
        Days of summer linger longer;
        Laughs are gayer; love is stronger;
        Sea is bluer; clouds are whiter;
        Music lilts to rhythms lighter;
        Mountain sides and valleys greener;
        Ocean breezes, fresher, cleaner,
        Fruits have richer, sweeter flavor;
        Zest of life has keener savor;

        Somehow welcome here is truer;
        Every morning sun is newer;
        Every sunset blazes brighter;
        Sorrow's weary burden slighter;
        People play with more abandon,
        Feet seem made to dance . . . not stand on.

        Really, these are facts I'm giving.
        Life down here seems more like living.

        The second "Somehow" appears in Pilot Bails Out, p. 35 and seems a
        likely candidate:

        I've tried for many an hour and minute
        To think of this world without me in it.
        I can't imagine a new-born day
        Without me here . . . somehow . . . some way.
        I cannot think of the autumn's flare
        Without me here . . . alive . . . aware.
        I can't imagine a dawn in spring
        Without my heart awakening.

        These treasured days will come and go
        At swifter pace . . . but this I know . . .
        I have no fear . . . I have no dread
        Of that marked day that lies ahead.
        My flesh will turn to ash and clay
        But I'll be here . . . somehow . . . some way.

        ~~C~~
      • BearShado@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3 2:11 PM
          I'm changing my e-mail address from BearShadO@... to
          bearshado@... but don't know quite how to make it happen in my
          Yahoogroups. Any help would be appreciated

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5 12:07 PM
            Hello, BearShado!

            Nice to hear from you again. To change information in your group
            profile, log in to My Groups

            or the group website

            Near the top right of the screen, select Account Info; you'll
            probably be asked to enter your password again. Under Member
            Information, click "Edit." Enter your new e-mail address as the
            Primary address and delete the old address. You can add two
            alternate addresses if you wish. Click "Finished" when you are done.

            Under Address/Contact Information you can also edit details such as
            name, address, phone, etc. Personally, I just enter my name, city,
            state and zip code.

            While you're on the Yahoo ID Card screen, you can update or create a
            public profile.

            ~~Cadia
          • guttakh2003
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7 1:14 PM
              Thank you so much for the verse. I am sure my mother was referring
              to the one in Pilot Bails Out

              Gary Ray

              --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Cadia Los" <duchess@s...>