Re: [aloha-donblanding] "Somehow"

  • RSRICHMOND@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi Dorothea Heil!

      Please check these lines in "Somehow":

      Shadows of joys wenew, bid quick farewell

      Seeking the places that I have loved and knew,

      Thanks!

      Bob Richmond
    • Dorothea Heil
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
        Sorry about the typo, The first line should read "Shadows of joys we knew,
        bid quick farewell"
        The other line is correct.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
          Condolences on the loss of your mother.

          While there are several typos in the transcription of "Someday," I
          think Dorothea may have found an appropriate piece to read at the
          memorial service.

          Consider, too, that Don Blanding wrote two pieces titled "Somehow";
          one appears in Flowers of the Rainbow, p. 44, and clearly refers to
          living in Hawaii:

          Somehow here the moon is nearer,
          Warmer, brighter. Stars are clearer;
          Days of summer linger longer;
          Laughs are gayer; love is stronger;
          Sea is bluer; clouds are whiter;
          Music lilts to rhythms lighter;
          Mountain sides and valleys greener;
          Ocean breezes, fresher, cleaner,
          Fruits have richer, sweeter flavor;
          Zest of life has keener savor;

          Somehow welcome here is truer;
          Every morning sun is newer;
          Every sunset blazes brighter;
          Sorrow's weary burden slighter;
          People play with more abandon,
          Feet seem made to dance . . . not stand on.

          Really, these are facts I'm giving.
          Life down here seems more like living.

          The second "Somehow" appears in Pilot Bails Out, p. 35 and seems a
          likely candidate:

          I've tried for many an hour and minute
          To think of this world without me in it.
          I can't imagine a new-born day
          Without me here . . . somehow . . . some way.
          I cannot think of the autumn's flare
          Without me here . . . alive . . . aware.
          I can't imagine a dawn in spring
          Without my heart awakening.

          These treasured days will come and go
          At swifter pace . . . but this I know . . .
          I have no fear . . . I have no dread
          Of that marked day that lies ahead.
          My flesh will turn to ash and clay
          But I'll be here . . . somehow . . . some way.

          ~~C~~
        • BearShado@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2003
            I'm changing my e-mail address from BearShadO@... to
            bearshado@... but don't know quite how to make it happen in my
            Yahoogroups. Any help would be appreciated

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2003
              Hello, BearShado!

              Nice to hear from you again. To change information in your group
              profile, log in to My Groups

              or the group website

              Near the top right of the screen, select Account Info; you'll
              probably be asked to enter your password again. Under Member
              Information, click "Edit." Enter your new e-mail address as the
              Primary address and delete the old address. You can add two
              alternate addresses if you wish. Click "Finished" when you are done.

              Under Address/Contact Information you can also edit details such as
              name, address, phone, etc. Personally, I just enter my name, city,
              state and zip code.

              While you're on the Yahoo ID Card screen, you can update or create a
              public profile.

              ~~Cadia
            • guttakh2003
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2003
                Thank you so much for the verse. I am sure my mother was referring
                to the one in Pilot Bails Out

                Gary Ray

                --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Cadia Los" <duchess@s...>