Re: RE: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Monterey/Carmel

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2003
      -------Original Message-------
      From: Bev Leinbach <bevbach@...>
      Sent: 02/22/03 09:40 AM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Monterey/Carmel

      -----Original Message-----
      From: tjmarkle@... [mailto:tjmarkle@...]
      Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 8:13 PM

      tj is very interested in anything Von Tempski.

      Tom,
      I got the article that Al Ball wrote about Armine���s brother Errol von
      Tempsky. It is interesting to read, however, the printer at the College
      wasn���
      t working well. I have a bad copy of it and will try for another when I
      next
      go up to UCLA. Then I can send it to you.

      I am still working on the Flying Flapjack Ranch in Nevada from the Pine
      Cone
      article you sent me. There are people in Lovelock researching it for us.
      will keep you posted on that. Do you know if Donnie Donner or Jack
      Hotaling
      from that same article (3/11/38) are still in Carmel or have family there?

      In a Carmel Pine Cone article (3/1/40) that you sent to me, it said the
      Ball
      ���s stayed with Fredric Burt. Is that family still in Carmel and have you
      been
      able to talk with them?

      Other names from the Pine Cone that may still be in Carmel and might
      remember Don & Armine are: (11/8/40) Mrs. Wm. Francis Halyard, Mrs. Alton
      Walker, Mrs. J.L Hughes, Mrs. E Van Zandt and Mrs. Whit Wellman of Carmel.

      Have you met any of these folks or their families?

      Bev.
      Bev: I haven't heard these names bantered about Carmel in my recent travels there. I have phone calls to several people right now that were around during this period of time but they were quite young then and so might not have been in those circles. But, I will present the names to them and see what they might come up with. Keep working on the Flying Flapjack Ranch thing....probably little left of it but you never know. I'm about 4 hours away from Reno and could go up there if you locate it or find something interesting. Thanks...good sluething on your part...thanks....tj