Monterey/Carmel

  • tjmarkle2003 <tjmarkle@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2003
      tj just got back from the Carmel area again. After much browsing, I came
      up with an original March 5th 1937 Blanding Special Edition Pine Cone
      Newspaper! What a nice find it was. It came from an estate sale and I got it
      for a reasonable price. I've been seeking one of these for over 4 years now. I
      also met some other people that had brief encounters with DB but they were
      young and didn't remember a lot. They will take the message around again
      though as they were excited that someone remembered him. Now they are
      going out an talking to their lunch groups.....never know what will happen you
      know.....
      Is everyone dead out there???? tj
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2003
        Aloha Tom,

        Glad you had such good luck in Carmel. I tried to let you know that I met
        Ouida Ball, Al Ball�s second wife. She still lives in Armine Von Tempsky & Al
        �s home in Manhattan Beach. Hal & I were out for a ride in the area and
        stopped to check the address. I was taking a picture of the house when Ouida
        came out and asked WHY ARE YOU TAKEING A PICTURE OF MY HOUSE? She was busy
        and couldn�t talk with me then, but we are to meet up again soon.

        Send me your e-mail, as e-mails direct to you keep coming back.

      • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2003
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2003
            Hello, TJ...

            You're back earlier than I expected! Nice find, indeed. You seem to
            be unearthing some wonderful DB treasures. Hope you enjoyed the
            sunshine and Pebble Beach; I watched part of the golf tornament and
            kinda hoped you'd materialize on my TV screen....

            For those who are snowed in, take care and be safe. The temps will
            warm up in a couple of days and the beautiful snowdrifts will be just
            a memory. Enjoy! (Spoken as a native Long Islander who well recalls
            the blizzards of 1947 and 1966!)

            Now that we've assembled, I'd like to take a moment to welcome the
            newest member of our group. I'm not sure she's found her way to the
            group website yet, but I know she's receiving e-mails. A note to me
            last week indicated she's willing to share some interesting tidbits.
            Her home is in the Islands and her surname is von Tempsky.

            And TJ, you'll be happy to know you're not the only one just learning
            about computers and websites and all that jazz!

            So gather up your questions, and perhaps we can all learn more about
            Armine, DB, Jack London and life in Hawaii.

            ~~C~~
          • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2003
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2003
                tj is very interested in anything Von Tempski.

                Tom,
                I got the article that Al Ball wrote about Armine�s brother Errol von
                Tempsky. It is interesting to read, however, the printer at the College wasn�
                t working well. I have a bad copy of it and will try for another when I next
                go up to UCLA. Then I can send it to you.

                I am still working on the Flying Flapjack Ranch in Nevada from the Pine Cone
                article you sent me. There are people in Lovelock researching it for us. I