Tracking DB, day by day

  • Cadia Los <duchess@speakeasy.org>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hello...

      With a view toward tracking's DB's whereabouts, day by day, I'm
      starting a database (on my computer, not here yet) of signed books
      that include a date and/or a place in the inscription.

      Would you take a few minutes to examine any DB titles you have and
      let me know:

      Date Signed
      Place Signed
      Book Title
      Edition or Printing (include month & year)
      Year Published
      Inscription
      Notes (goofus bird? page signed?)
      Source of Info (your name; date and place acquired, if known)

      For example, this morning I noted 3 titles currently on eBay:

      May 18, 1942
      Floridays
      2nd ptg, 9-41
      1941
      To Margaret Johnston, Aloha to you, Don Blanding
      Title page
      eBay 1-31-03; flajunker, Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL

      The citation above does not provide a place, but the location of the
      owner (in this case, seller) may be helpful in determining where to
      look in newspapers for news of book signings.

      Any help you can give is much appreciated!

      ~~Cadia
    • Nelson W. Black
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        Cadia: I will respond shortly. You are too much...

        Nelson W. BLack
        > With a view toward tracking's DB's whereabouts, day by day, I'm
        > starting a database (on my computer, not here yet) of signed books
        > that include a date and/or a place in the inscription.
        >
        > Would you take a few minutes to examine any DB titles you have and
        > let me know:
        >
        > Date Signed
        > Place Signed
        > Book Title
        > Edition or Printing (include month & year)
        > Year Published
        > Inscription
        > Notes (goofus bird? page signed?)
        > Source of Info (your name; date and place acquired, if known)
        >
        > For example, this morning I noted 3 titles currently on eBay:
        >
        > May 18, 1942
        > Floridays
        > 2nd ptg, 9-41
        > 1941
        > To Margaret Johnston, Aloha to you, Don Blanding
        > Title page
        > eBay 1-31-03; flajunker, Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL
        >
        > The citation above does not provide a place, but the location of the
        > owner (in this case, seller) may be helpful in determining where to
        > look in newspapers for news of book signings.
        >
        > Any help you can give is much appreciated!
        >
        > ~~Cadia

      • MICHAEL BROOKMAN
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
          Wow! That's some project. I'll be glad to get the data to you. michael
          "Nelson W. Black" <bucky@...> wrote:Cadia: I will respond shortly. You are too much...

          Nelson W. BLack
          Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 11:43 AM