Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Bed/Breakfasts - Carmel area

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2003
      tj would gladly help with this project. Being retired, I can do a lot and
      having shoulder surgery, I'm bored stiff, not being able to travel
      around...so, Cadia, email me, and I'll gladly help.........tj
    • Cadia Los <duchess@speakeasy.org>
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
        TJ...

        Following shoulder surgery, I'm not sure extensive typing is a good
        idea. But, since you have a copy of the thesis, if you want to start
        transcribing Chapter 2, let me know. (I'm already working on Chapter
        1.)

        Or why not some excerpts from the unpublished DB manuscript?

        You could transcribe and then e-mail a few pages at a time to me. I
        have a separate, unpublished e-mail address for such a purpose.
        (Confirm and I'll provide it.)

        As with the book reviews, I can then copy and paste into an HTML file
        and create a webpage for each manuscript.

        Aren't you also reading Carmel Pine Cone microfilm? If you find some
        short articles by or about Blanding, you could transcribe those
        directly into the folder in Files: Publications.

        ~~Cadia
      • Cadia Los <duchess@speakeasy.org>
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
          Michael P...

          At least a dozen people in this group have copies of the thesis. I
          guess you joined us after we distributed them. If you'd like to
          start on Chapter 3 (or Chapter 2 if TJ doesn't want it), then I'd be
          glad to send you some pages.

          Please e-mail me directly, with cc to TJ, and we'll get you set up.
          You're right, splitting the job does make it go faster -- thanks for
          the offer!

          ~~C~~
        • MauiBandB@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 10, 2003
            Honolulu Editors who might pick up TJ's stories
            Hi...Happy New Year.
                Here are some suggestions:

                HONOLULU magazine - John Heckathorn is the editor
                Spirit of Aloha (Aloha Airlines in-flight) - Janice Otaguro is the editor
                Hana Hou! (Hawaiian Airlines in-flight) - Derek Ferrar is the editor