Wise words of wisdom from Don Blanding

  • Curt Blanding
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2002
      Hello All and Merry Christmas to all of us,

      Here is a quote from the unpublished manuscript "No Strings On Tomorrow" by DB.

      "Christmas has become almost wholly a matter of giving gifts and receiving
      gifts.
      But in unwrapping our television sets, neckties, boxes of candy, automobiles,
      jewelry, etc. etc. which await us under the Christmas tree we too often
      forget
      to open, accept and USE the greatest gift ever given us . . .
      the Gift from Jesus which was the revelation of the CHRIST WITHIN . . .
      the God-Consciousness within us which is our life, our joy
      and our eternality - our immortality."

      Since I just happened across this today, I guess I should share it.
      And say "Merry Christmas from Don Blanding."

      Curt :-)

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24, 2002
        Well quoted Curt........I just enjoy the family coming, talking and eating,
        all 17 of us tomorrow......that's our gift........I gave a Blanding Carmel
        Poem Print to my Niece who also attended my Carmel show and she was so
        pleased to have it, she started to cry. It will hang in a special place in
        her house. I like that, DB would be proud..........Merry Christmas to
        all........tj