Carmel Box

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      After two years of negotiating, tj has finally purchased the rights to a
      box of DB's memoriabilia that I found in Carmel. I hunted this box for 6
      months based on rumors of it's existence and it finally surfaced at the
      Vagabond House Inn in Carmel. I did use some of it for my exhibition in
      Carmel but did not own rights to it until now. Contained in the box, is an
      original scrapbook of DB/friends and family, probably from the 40's. Also,
      what I consider to be the Original volume of the only unpublished manuscript
      by DB, No Strings on Tomorrow. There are numerous other memoriabilia,
      photos, etc that I wil categorize when I take possession.
      The scrapbook is beginning to deteriorate and needs safe keeping. I
      will probably be working with the Plains Museum in Oklahoma on that. I'm
      excited, to say the least! This is a great find and acquistion and now we
      can preserve this wonderful piece of Blanding history forever.........tj
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2002
        tj will be going to Carmel this week to take possession of the "Box". The
        local newspaper will do a feature story on it. I asked for this as it will
        get the word out again about DB in Carmel/Monterey area. Good
        stuff.........tj