Future Conference

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16 8:05 PM
      I attended a function with the Carmel Heritage Society on Friday, 9/13.
      There were many people who remembered the DB show in 9/2000 and were still
      complimentary of it.
      Several people asked about the possible Asilomar Conference for next
      year. They would be willing to help us with it (no $$$) but good
      advertisement and some extra bodies to assist. I know we had some interest
      in a conference, but like so many of our thoughts, they fizzle out. I can
      certainly help coordinate this, but, I will not put my financial pocketbook
      on the chopping block. This must be a group effort and requires upfront
      payment of lodging an conference advances, etc. In order to pull it off, we
      must act now not later. I don't even know if we can get into Asilomar right
      now, so we need to identify some dates for me to research.
      If there is still any interest, what must we do to get this going? I am
      an army of one at the moment.......tj
    • BearShado@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17 5:40 AM
        I know that I sure would like to attend a conference at Asilomar, whenever it
        happens. Haven't seen much of anything about it till today, thank YOU very
        much TJ. As I watch my own plans progressing, (the move to Oregon) I wonder
        how I'll make it all happen with the finesse first dreamed of, and so that
        kinda puts me on the back burner too, as in still bubbling, but not working
        up steam for more projects than I can handle at the moment.

        At this point, PERSONALLY, I feel that this next summer might be more than I
        can handle, though the summer after would work well, for yours truly, AFTER
        getting settled in Eugene in the summer of '03. That's just me talking about
        Mi, Mi, Mi....it'd still be a thrill to KNOW that you characters are all
        working on it and sharing energy. Shad O', signing off here