[aloha-donblanding] Re: Petroglyph Press

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000
      Keith,

      What edition of Floridays are you referring to? I have just purchased the new
      edition published by Peninsula Press in Cape Cod, MA, and it is very nicely
      done, with the DB illustrations tinted a lovely rust color. It also contains
      the poem "The Double Life," largely because Peninsula Press has the
      Margaritaville line of books. And we all know what Jimmy Buffett has done to
      attract new Blanding fans!

      The citations in my DB bibliography are:

      Floridays. Illus. by author. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1941, 127 pp.
      (41-19388)

      Floridays. Illus. by author. Pt. Salerno, FL: Florida Classics Library, 1977,
      paper (Florida Classics Series reprint).

      I'll add the Peninsula Press edition to the list soon.

      ~~Cadia
      duchess@...
    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000
        > Keith,
        > What edition of Floridays are you referring to?

        Cadia,
        The Floridays (Florida Classics Series reprint, 1977) that I bought
        from Barnes & Noble in December had pages missing, and a section
        repeated.
        Buyers beware.
        Keith
      • TikiRoom18@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000

          << Cadia,
          The Floridays (Florida Classics Series reprint, 1977) that I bought
          from Barnes & Noble in December had pages missing, and a section
          repeated.
          Buyers beware.
          Keith

          Same one I got and sent back (TWICE!!!) Must be a complete batch misprint....

          Tiki
        • haven putnam
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2000
            Tiki:
            I know the owner of Fla classics and will inform him of the problem,
            please e-mail me at portofhaven@hotmail with your mailing address and will
            have him send you a new copy A.S.A.P.
            bob putnam

            >From: TikiRoom18@...
            >To: aloha-donblanding@egroups.com
            >Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Petroglyph Press
            >Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:46:32 EST

            ><< Cadia,
            > The Floridays (Florida Classics Series reprint, 1977) that I bought
            > from Barnes & Noble in December had pages missing, and a section
            > repeated.
            > Buyers beware.
            > Keith
            > >>

            >Same one I got and sent back (TWICE!!!) Must be a complete batch
            >misprint....
            >

            >Tiki

            >FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
            >are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today and
            >put your mind to rest.

            >-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=aloha-donblanding&m=1

          • Keith Emmons
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 26, 2000
              > I know the owner of Fla classics and will inform him of the
              problem,
              > please e-mail me at portofhaven@hotmail with your mailing address and
              will
              > have him send you a new copy A.S.A.P.
              > bob putnam

              Bob,
              I received a copy of Floridays from Port Salerno in the mail today.
              Perfect condition too. Thank you so much for arranging that. It was
              originally meant for my father as a Christmas present... now I can give
              it to him.