Microfiche

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2002
      tj has been reading Microfiche from the 1936-1940 Carmel Pine Cone.
      This should be completed by 9/18 or so. Very interesting finds for me in
      here. I'll recount some of it for all of you when I get in completed and
      summarized.
      An example is the little poem, "The Carmel Flea", done in jest by DB.
      This poem made it all the way to Paris and back. Some of the letters to the
      editor were fun and it seemed to take on a life of its own. DB wrote another
      diddy (poem) in response to other comments. Taken in context, its fun stuff
      to research.......I'm sure that DB had his tongue in cheek as he tickled the
      funny bones of some of the world other than Carmel. I'm always amazed at his
      widespread popularity at that time......tj