Wampus ...USC

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2002
      The Wampus Story cont.

      I went to USC Archives and found the past issues of the Wampus. I did not
      find “The Virgin of Waikiki” in it, however it would fit right in. The Wampus
      before the editors were removed in Feb. ’26 were very outspoken in their
      criticism and open minded in the comical satire. What followed Feb. ’26 was
      very sedate and Sun. comics.

      No mention of Don in the 1925-27 issues. Scotty did contribute to the
      magazine, starting in Jan. ’25 through the change of editors in Feb. ’26. He
      wrote and did some art work. He and most of the staff quite the Wampus with
      the removal of the 4 original editors.

      So Cadia,
      I guess my next search for Don and the Wampas Folic will be the Motion
      Picture Arts & Science Historical Museum in down town LA. The search
      continues.

      If you want any of the articles I copied, please send me your address and I
      will get them off to you.

      Bev.

      I will be off line until next Tues.