Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: James K. Blanding

  • MauiBandB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 25, 2002
      Cadia
      In 1927 or 1928 was the Junior League Event that he directed and wrote and
      collaborated on several songs including my golden shower girl and Haole Hula.
      Also I believe May 1, 1927 was the first may day lei day celebration.
      What exciting period to revisit.

      aloha
      Maui Tom

    • BearShado@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 26, 2002
        Sheeeesh! You guys are getting me excited here in Sarasota. We've got a
        beautiful library, and I've got some time. This could be another wonderful
        avenue for personal growth you're sharing here. Thanks again friends... Shad
        O' the Big Smile

        In a message dated 7/25/02 10:36:07 PM, keith2draw@... writes:

        << Cadia,

        I'm having as much fun with the 1923 microfilm. Time travel is a
        reality!

        Don painted a mural for the Royal Hawaiian Hotel shortly after it
        opened...hopefully there will be a mention of that.

        Keith

      • duchess017
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 26, 2002
          Maui Tom,

          Do you mean "Hula Moons?" Yes, that was May 1928. The first Lei Day
          was May 1, 1928.