Re: [aloha-donblanding] Carmel Heritage Society message

  • BearShado@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      Well, I'll be in Sarasota till April 15th, but imagine if the conference
      could be set up for after I get to Oregon, or on the way, that I'd sure like
      to be there. Did any of you go look at that old pick up truck photo, a few
      weeks ago on eBay. It was of a '52 or '53 Chevy with a homemade camper on the
      back, rowboat on top, and painted on the side were the large CAPS "Vagabond's
      House" Well, I'll be driving today's version of the same thing and talking my
      time following Springtime across the West to Eugene. That's gonna be a
      beautiful experience.

      Oh, and I bought that photo, if anyone would like a copy through the ethers.

      Happy to share....... The dream.

      I think that's what I enjoy most about DB's work, the feeling that I'm
      living it through his minds eye. He knew how to share his insight
      beautifully, most all of the time.

      Shad O' in Sarasota
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
        I have jokingly said to my wife that I was going to paint "tj's Vagabond
        House - Blanding researcher/collector", on our RV as we travel about. She
        wasn't as serious as I was though! Just can't understand that (smile).
        Enjoy your trip across the country and I wouldn't expect the conference to
        occur until next year, unless we gear up much faster than expected.........tj