Carmel Heritage Society message

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      I received a message back stating that the Carmel Heritage Society would
      bring up the issue of our proposed Asilomar Conference at the next Board
      meeting in June. The Vice President of the Society was very complimentary of
      the Blanding exhibit (again) and was also very supportive of any other
      efforts on our behalf. They would provide coverage of the conference in
      their quarterly newsletter on our behalf and assist in any other way that
      they could other than monetary. I had emailed them some time ago regarding
      helping with a proposed conference. I am encouraged that we would receive
      extra support and coverage at no expense to us. I have also maintained
      contact with a local Carmel newspaper reporter who would also be supportive
      of our efforts and I believe the Monterey paper would do the same as they did
      with the Carmel exhibit.
      So, lets get going on this!..................tj
    • K Cotter
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2002
        Lead on, McDuff! I'll do whatever I can to help. Karen C
      • BearShado@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2002
          Well, I'll be in Sarasota till April 15th, but imagine if the conference
          could be set up for after I get to Oregon, or on the way, that I'd sure like
          to be there. Did any of you go look at that old pick up truck photo, a few
          weeks ago on eBay. It was of a '52 or '53 Chevy with a homemade camper on the
          back, rowboat on top, and painted on the side were the large CAPS "Vagabond's
          House" Well, I'll be driving today's version of the same thing and talking my
          time following Springtime across the West to Eugene. That's gonna be a
          beautiful experience.

          Oh, and I bought that photo, if anyone would like a copy through the ethers.

          Happy to share....... The dream.

          I think that's what I enjoy most about DB's work, the feeling that I'm
          living it through his minds eye. He knew how to share his insight
          beautifully, most all of the time.

          Shad O' in Sarasota
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
            I have jokingly said to my wife that I was going to paint "tj's Vagabond
            House - Blanding researcher/collector", on our RV as we travel about. She
            wasn't as serious as I was though! Just can't understand that (smile).
            Enjoy your trip across the country and I wouldn't expect the conference to
            occur until next year, unless we gear up much faster than expected.........tj