The Curse

  • kittykowkow
    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2002
      Hi you guys...Say! If I ever become famous, please don't do a search
      for me! Seems a lot of times we look for someone who knew DB and
      either they died two months before we track them down or in this
      case, within a month! It's a curse! :o) I'm speaking of Joe Cobb,
      the fat boy in the "Our Gang" comedies. I forgot who mentioned him
      as a source of some info on DB, but the last item I found on him was
      that he worked for North American (a division of Rockwell,
      International) in Culver City, CA. Well, his obit is in the L.A.
      Times today! He was 85,
      didn't do much as far as films once he grew up, although he
      never "grew" to more than five feet tall. He left North American (he
      was an assembler during WWII) in 1981, lived in Culver City until
      four years ago and went into a convalescent home in Santa Ana, CA.
      Died of natural causes. Seems to have lived a quiet life, remembered
      as kind, well dressed and friendly. It would appear he married:
      survived by a sister and a nephew. Kinda sad.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2002
        HI Karen,

        It is sad that Joe Cobb passed away before we met him. It is even sadder
        that he was in a convalescent home in Santa Ana, which is the township next to
        where I live. I cannot find his obit. in the Orange County ed. of the LA
        Times. If he was here in Orange county, his relatives are probable here also.
        Where their names listed and the name of the Home?

        Bev.

        I'm speaking of Joe Cobb,
        the fat boy in the "Our Gang" comedies. Well, his obit is in the L.A.
        Times today! He was 85,

        four years ago and went into a convalescent home in Santa Ana, CA.
        Died of natural causes

        It would appear he married:
        survived by a sister and a nephew.

      • K Cotter
        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2002
          Hi Bev. It would appear by the long obit. he lived alone, kinda faded into
          obscurity after entering adolescence. I will send you the obit. if you'd
          like.
          All it said was he left a sister in Dallas and one nephew but no names or
          addresses and no details on the convalescent home. If you'd like to have
          the obit. for your records, and to "read all about it!" please e-mail your
          home address to me off the Yahoo site. I have it someplace but can't put my
          hand on it at the moment! Karen
        • wbstern@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 24, 2002
            In a message dated 5/24/02 8:05:59 AM, bevbach@... writes:

            << It is sad that Joe Cobb passed away before we met him. It is even sadder
            that he was in a convalescent home in Santa Ana, which is the township next to
            where I live. >>

            Have you checked the obits in the Orange County Register. Ot the County
            Recorders Office?

            Bill Stern
          • K Cotter
            Message 5 of 5 , May 24, 2002
              Hi Bill - good idea but I don't think he'll be found in the County
              Registrar's office yet. He's hardly cold. Takes a couple of months usually
              for public documents to be available - at least in my experience.
              I would think the OC paper would have something, tho'.