Immokolee- Don Blanding and Dorothy Putnam Blanding home

  • robert_mooney_99
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2002
      To those interested. MR. Jim Whiteley and Mr. Dallas Wilson, both
      with the Museum of the Great Plains have visited with me, several
      times to the House in the Hammock. All of the foliage and the house,
      with Don Blandings murals and his studio where his photo on the back
      inside cover of A Pilot Bails Out are so exciting. You feel like you
      have gone back in time and Don is still on the premises ---
      somewhere. It is a wonderful experience. Anyone who gets to South
      Florida on the East Coast near Ft. Pierce should try to do it. And
      visit the studio he shared with Artist Beanie Backus downtown, Ft.
      Pierce. Second wonderful experience and that is only the order I'm
      typing in, is Lawton, Oklahoma. The art and Don Blanding material
      that is housed in the Museum of the Great Plains is amazing and maybe
      beyond description. My week there only allowed me to quickly view
      what I thought was necessary for loan for the FLORIDAYS exhibit. That
      too, is a wonderful experience .Sherrie