Re: Asilomar

  • duchess017
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29, 2002
      Hello, everyone...

      All of this sounds cvery exciting, indeed!

      Two notes:

      (1) It's possible to start a non-profit organization without the use
      of grants. The initial paperwork requires a fairly small filing fee,
      a statement of purpose, a list of officers and a board of directors.

      Once formed (and I hope that will be within the next 2 months), then
      it's time to seek funding -- through memberships, donations and, yes,
      grants. My goal is to be able to fund acquisitions for a
      permanent "collection", scholarships and ventures such as publishing,
      traveling exhibits, etc....

      (2) If there's to be a conference at Asilomar (or anywhere), please,
      please don't make it Lei Day 2003. I, for one, intend to be in
      Hawaii next year on that date. Had my current job not been extended,
      I would be in Honolulu right now.