Re: Blanding oil painting photos

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
      Michael,

      Got it! Thanks.

      Is there any indication as to when Blanding painted this? By it's
      style, It looks like a later painting, maybe in the later forties or
      the fifties when he was experimenting with lots of color.

      If you send me a straight-on shot, I'd like to include on my
      website's gallery. I like to represent his more obscure work there.

      Keith

      p.s. I was thrilled to get a signed first edition of Vagabond's House
      with a nice dustjacket on ebay last week. I had found 3 or 4 1sts
      before, but never with the dj.
    • Michael T Pfeffer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
        Keith,
        No idea when it was painted. You are right, it is certainly obscure, but I swear it grows on you after a while. I figured it would be worth picking up to add to my mass of Blanding stuff. I will take a good photo and post or email it to you for the other web site.

        Good find for VH with the dj intact! Not much of great import on this end, did get a bunch of Hilo from a guy on the big island including some nice 8" soup bowls. Also, just got a line on about 40 pieces of Rockwell Kent's Salamina including several of the rarer serving dishes from a guy in Canada so am keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

        Much Aloha and congrats on little "honolulu" again :), Michael
        Is there any indication as to when Blanding painted this? By it's
        style, It looks like a later painting, maybe in the later forties or
        the fifties when he was experimenting with lots of color.

        If you send me a straight-on shot, I'd like to include on my
        website's gallery. I like to represent his more obscure work there.

        Keith

        p.s. I was thrilled to get a signed first edition of Vagabond's House
        with a nice dustjacket on ebay last week. I had found 3 or 4 1sts
        before, but never with the dj.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor