R. Alex Anderson

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2002
      I just found out that there has been a biography written about R.
      Alex Anderson, the Hawaiian tunesmith who died a few years ago at the
      ripe old age of 104. He got his start writing music for Blanding's
      early musical shows.

      You can get the book online from Barnes & Noble:

      FROM A JOYFUL HEART; The life and music of R. Alexander Anderson
      by Scott C.S. Stone, 2001 Island Heritage Publishing
      ISBN#: 0-89610-429-X

      or from the publisher: www.islandheritage.com

      ~Keith
    • MauiBandB@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 2, 2002
        thanks keith.

        I know that Blanding had a great influence on Alex Andersons lyrics.
        Especially AA favorite Haole Hula. I think Don helped him write it although
        he is not credited.

        aloha
        Maui Tom