Re: DB's High school nickname

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2 7:35 AM
      One more page from the Lawton yearbook:

      RECORDS OF THE KANGAROO COURT:

      Student: Donald
      Crime: Ballet dancer
      Evidence: Picture
      Punishment: "Something busted"

      There are some other hilarious crimes & punishments for other
      students too.

      Keith
    • Mike Pfeffer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2 11:54 PM
        Cadia,
        Yeah, amazing how much stuff Jeannie and Mike have. My wife
        and I have offered to help them sell any of the stuff that
        we dont buy <smile>, so we could help by shipping stuff to
        other members on the mainland. They do have a ton of stuff
        and there will be more than enough to go around, (although
        we have already put dibs on the maroon HF set).

        If you and any other members are serious about coming out
        here in May, just let me know, I can help with good cheap
        places to stay, things to do, etc. Also, my wife and I
        would love to host a dinner party or reception type
        gathering at our home if anyone comes out. It would be great
        to share our collections with other serious DB/Hawaiiana
        fans and we would be happy to set something up.

        Also, the Honolulu Academy of Arts is having a huge show to
        kick off a new collectors book that will be definitive for
        Hawaiian stuff and which has a bunch of my blanding and
        tepco and wallace stuff in it. I will find out dates
        because I think they will overlap. In addition, they are
        interested in doing a whole Blanding show so perhaps we can
        all work together to put something great on (more after I
        have chatted with their people about the size, scope, etc.).

        All the best, Michael

        On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 04:02:51 -0000
      • curt blanding
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4 8:54 PM
          Cadia,

          I would be delighted to photograph any and all of Jeannie's collection
          with my digital camera and put a web-album on my website. I am
          only about 12 miles from Honolulu (when I'm not traveling for work).
          It would be good to start collecting high quality photos of DB pieces
          and eventually compile a CD which could be distributed to the group.

          Curt :-)