results of Alabama trip

  • luahiniwai
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2002
      Hello all,
      Just got back from a trip to Alabama (visiting inlaws) and spent a
      number of days combing the antique stores for DB stuff. Alas, no
      luck AT ALL. The only high points were three mint Matson menus by
      Savage for $10 apiece and a MINT 17 inch blue Moby Dick chop plate
      for $125 (the only piece of early Vernon that I found). I wasn't
      expecting much, but thought I might find more Rockwell Kent stuff
      than I did. Oh well, I was hoping to report on finding the "mother
      lode" to start the year off right, but such is life.

      Hope all are enjoying the new year and making great finds!

      Aloha,
      Michael "wekeula"
    • sam17659@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2002
        Michael:

        A 17" Moby Dick chop plate for $125 is a WONDERFUL start to the new year!

        Ted

      • Mike Pfeffer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2002
          Sam,
          True enough, I was thrilled, although a bit chagrined
          because I had just walked out of the room it was in when my
          girlfriend called me back and asked, sweetly, whether I
          might have missed something on my first go around and did I
          want to look in the far corner where there just happened to
          be a rather large blue and white plate with a certain ship
          on it in plain view, so the credit is really hers. Of
          course, it was the first antique shop we went to so
          anticipation was high for every subsequent store. . . Aloha,
          Michael

          On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:51:51 EST