Re: [aloha-donblanding] Vernon Rarities

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2001
      Because I can't compete with you on the rarer more expensive pieces, I
      don't bid on them unless they might complete or compliment a part of my
      collection. As a result, I wait until you get your fill and then maybe I can
      swoop in and get rarer piece. That's just the way this auction stuff works.
      I am glad that these pieces are going to you and staying in one place. I
      really dread the thought of all of DB's better quality ceramics being
      scattered to the wind. I'll be checking the photo site out. I thought that
      my show in Carmel might have dredged up more ceramic pieces or sets, but,
      that was not the case. As I now travel the west coast I'll be looking for
      pieces where ever I end up. When I was vacationing in Hawaii, I found
      little, and certainly expected more. Those pieces I saw in antique stores
      were priced very high as you said...........tj