Re: "Leetag, the Legend"

  • luahiniwai
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 11, 2001
      Keith,
      I had forgotten about Horatio Nelson Poole (more known for his Calif.
      paintings and hawaii paintings, but also quite an engraver) and John
      Poole, but they did some great work during that period. A friend of
      mine handled a huge lot of both brother's etchings a few years back
      and they were really incredible and now that you mention it I can see
      the influence on DB. Point well taken on the earlier stuff, but then
      again, there were a lot of "starving" artists working on the tourist
      trade in those days and even Hitchcock and other well known artists
      painted a lot for the trade.

      Anyway, hope all of you find a bit of blanding in your stockings this
      year--I am holding out for an orange 17 inch chop plate in coral reef
      <smile>

      aloha, michael