Auction alert - a DB original!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi, everyone,

      This item has finally come up for auction - an illustration from
      Pilot Bails Out:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1492148131

      Auction number is 1492148131

      Go for it!

      ~~Cadia
    • keith2draw@home.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
        Cadia,

        This piece of art is most interesting indeed. It was once owned by
        Mabel Goode Frantz, a close friend of Don's - He dedicated PILOT
        BAILS OUT to her in fact. I've been trying to track her family down
        for quite some time now, and have some good leads. I have the address
        for a nephew of hers, which I will contact soon.

        I'm going to spill the beans and say that Mabel was 3/4ths of the way
        through with a biography on Don Blanding. Dodd, Mead & Co.
        commissioned her to write it. If we can trace that unpublished
        manuscript down it would be a quite a goldmine! I'm working on it.

        This is all why that drawing is of particular interest to me.