Re: [aloha-donblanding] Happy Thanksgiving!

  • cholyday@iinet.net.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2001
      >Thank you Cadia for your greetings on your Thanksgiving day. Although we
      do not have such a day Down Under, I am aware of its significance in
      American history. I believe that it goes back to the Pilgrim days and that
      it was Nov 26 originally, but somewhere along the years it was made the
      last Thursday of November. The date is not significant, but the act of
      giving thanks is indeed a significant thing - and we all have something,
      many things in fact, to be thankful for - a kind of Talisman Day as DB
      would say!

      Although I have not been posting, I have been keeping up with reading all
      the posts to the web site, and congratulations on all your sleuthing and
      salvaging of things Blanding. I am building up my collection of DB books
      and tj is going to help get a few more together for me, to save on postage
      costs - yes, we have a lot to be thankful for, one being able to get to
      know DB's inspirational prose, and some of his friendly followers who have
      travelled in his footsteps down the years to today,

      Kind regards from Australia,
      Chris

      Hello, everyone....

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • MauiBandB@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2001
        Happy Thanksgiving From Hawaii to all and especially to Cadia; special thanks
        for being the mother of this inspirational group and nurturing us to where we
        are now.

        aloha
        Maui Tom