Happy Thanksgiving!

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2001
      Hello, everyone....

      As we wind our way toward the end of a very eventful year, I wish
      each of you a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday. Yes, it's an
      American tradition. But, if the messages I've received this morning
      from around the world are any indication, I believe that pausing to
      say thanks and count our blessings is not limited to the U.S.

      Our Don Blanding group members are scattered around the globe this
      Thanksgiving Day. Thanks to each one for being part of this group,
      contributing to the research, and sharing in the spirit of America's
      custom of remembering one's heritage and giving thanks.

      Sincerely,

      ~~Cadia
    • cholyday@iinet.net.au
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2001
        >Thank you Cadia for your greetings on your Thanksgiving day. Although we
        do not have such a day Down Under, I am aware of its significance in
        American history. I believe that it goes back to the Pilgrim days and that
        it was Nov 26 originally, but somewhere along the years it was made the
        last Thursday of November. The date is not significant, but the act of
        giving thanks is indeed a significant thing - and we all have something,
        many things in fact, to be thankful for - a kind of Talisman Day as DB
        would say!

        Although I have not been posting, I have been keeping up with reading all
        the posts to the web site, and congratulations on all your sleuthing and
        salvaging of things Blanding. I am building up my collection of DB books
        and tj is going to help get a few more together for me, to save on postage
        costs - yes, we have a lot to be thankful for, one being able to get to
        know DB's inspirational prose, and some of his friendly followers who have
        travelled in his footsteps down the years to today,

        Kind regards from Australia,
        Chris

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • MauiBandB@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2001
          Happy Thanksgiving From Hawaii to all and especially to Cadia; special thanks
          for being the mother of this inspirational group and nurturing us to where we
          are now.

          aloha
          Maui Tom