RE: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Star-Bulletin 1939

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 19, 2001
      Cadia,

      "A Night to Remember" in February 1940,

      Scotty was "The Man from Hollywood" in
      the segment "The Merry Tourists."

      Ruth was in the finale, "Parade of Fashions in Flowers," costumed as the Bird
      of Paradise.

      Besides serving as master of ceremonies, Blanding appeared in the
      "Radio Broadcast" segment as announcer Lionel Loudmouth.

      Songs for "A Night to Remember" were written Edwin Sawtelle, Robin
      McQuesten, R. Alexander Anderson and Malcolm Beelby.

      We now know all three were there in Feb. 1940 but apparently only
      Scotty was there in August. I will show this to Jack Ackers in Nov. and see
      if he recalls anyone talking about it.