RE: [aloha-donblanding] Jack London Ranch

  • haven putnam
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
      Bev:
      My hope when we got the ball rolling on the show was to keep as low a
      profile as possible, in hopes that family members (cousins) in Florida would
      be able to participate freely. It should be their pictures not mine ( since
      they are contributing a large chunk of the artwork) hopefully that will take
      place before Nov. 30th. The real reward for me has been in the area of
      putting the "Aloha spirit" that Don lived by into practice I.E. to treat
      others the way you would like to be treated even though they may never get
      message. The process has also given me a deep respect of the longsuffering
      Hawaiian people who gave freely and in return were never really rewarded for
      their efforts. The reward it seems is in the doing and that the praise of
      men is at best temporal and at worst a facade to cover a host of selfish
      motives ! The journey has been worth the effort and hopefully we can plan on
      doing a show in southern California 2002
      Mahalo bob