RE: [aloha-donblanding] Jack London Ranch

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
      Bob,

      Good to hear from you. the site looks great but where is your picture? Are
      you going to be there for the show?

      From: haven putnam

      Hi Bev:
      All is well, all the loose ends are in the competent hands of Sherrie
      Johnson the shows curator. The preliminary web-site can be seen at
      <www.ricglass.com/Blanding>

    • haven putnam
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
        Bev:
        My hope when we got the ball rolling on the show was to keep as low a
        profile as possible, in hopes that family members (cousins) in Florida would
        be able to participate freely. It should be their pictures not mine ( since
        they are contributing a large chunk of the artwork) hopefully that will take
        place before Nov. 30th. The real reward for me has been in the area of
        putting the "Aloha spirit" that Don lived by into practice I.E. to treat
        others the way you would like to be treated even though they may never get
        message. The process has also given me a deep respect of the longsuffering
        Hawaiian people who gave freely and in return were never really rewarded for
        their efforts. The reward it seems is in the doing and that the praise of
        men is at best temporal and at worst a facade to cover a host of selfish
        motives ! The journey has been worth the effort and hopefully we can plan on
        doing a show in southern California 2002
        Mahalo bob