Re: [aloha-donblanding] Jack London Ranch

  • haven putnam
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
      Hi Bev:
      All is well, all the loose ends are in the competent hands of Sherrie
      Johnson the shows curator. The preliminary web-site can be seen at
      <www.ricglass.com/Blanding>

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
        Bob,

        Good to hear from you. the site looks great but where is your picture? Are
        you going to be there for the show?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
          Bev:
          My hope when we got the ball rolling on the show was to keep as low a
          profile as possible, in hopes that family members (cousins) in Florida would
          be able to participate freely. It should be their pictures not mine ( since
          they are contributing a large chunk of the artwork) hopefully that will take
          place before Nov. 30th. The real reward for me has been in the area of
          putting the "Aloha spirit" that Don lived by into practice I.E. to treat
          others the way you would like to be treated even though they may never get
          message. The process has also given me a deep respect of the longsuffering
          Hawaiian people who gave freely and in return were never really rewarded for
          their efforts. The reward it seems is in the doing and that the praise of
          men is at best temporal and at worst a facade to cover a host of selfish
          motives ! The journey has been worth the effort and hopefully we can plan on
          doing a show in southern California 2002
          Mahalo bob