Jack London Ranch

  • bevbach@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2001
      Hello all,

      We have visited the Jack London Ranch and allowed into its research
      area. However, everything after Jack's death in 1916 has been moved
      to the Huntington Library or Utath. Charmian London wrote a lot in
      her diary and there are a lot of letters they both wrote, but it was
      all before Don's time.

      It has been a great experience and the wines are fine in Sonoma
      County.

      Bev. & Hal

      P.S.
      Bob Putnam,
      How are you? Where are you? How is the show going?
    • haven putnam
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
        Hi Bev:
        All is well, all the loose ends are in the competent hands of Sherrie
        Johnson the shows curator. The preliminary web-site can be seen at
        <www.ricglass.com/Blanding>

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
          Bob,

          Good to hear from you. the site looks great but where is your picture? Are
          you going to be there for the show?

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
            Bev:
            My hope when we got the ball rolling on the show was to keep as low a
            profile as possible, in hopes that family members (cousins) in Florida would
            be able to participate freely. It should be their pictures not mine ( since
            they are contributing a large chunk of the artwork) hopefully that will take
            place before Nov. 30th. The real reward for me has been in the area of
            putting the "Aloha spirit" that Don lived by into practice I.E. to treat
            others the way you would like to be treated even though they may never get
            message. The process has also given me a deep respect of the longsuffering
            Hawaiian people who gave freely and in return were never really rewarded for
            their efforts. The reward it seems is in the doing and that the praise of
            men is at best temporal and at worst a facade to cover a host of selfish
            motives ! The journey has been worth the effort and hopefully we can plan on
            doing a show in southern California 2002
            Mahalo bob