Memory Room

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2001
      A recent correspondent asked for a copy of the poem, Memory Room. I
      offered to mail a photocopy; this person needed it immediately and, I
      guess, didn't even want to visit the local library. He or she
      expected me to sit here and transcribe 5 pages!

      At this point in such a request, I usually respond, "Thank you for
      writing; sorry I could not help."

      However, since I was in the midst of scanning some photos anyway, I
      decided to scan the pages and e-mail them to the writer. (I did get
      a terse "thank you.")

      Rather than waste the scanning and resizing effort (the raw files
      were much too large to e-mail or upload to a website), I've now added
      Memory Room to the Photos section of Travels with the Duchess:

      where you can read the poem, download if you wish . . . or transcribe.

      While you're there, take a look at the Mission San Carlos Borromeo
      (Carmel) scan that I made from an old postcard. I've also added the
      mission to my DB album at Webshots:

      http://community.webshots.com/user/glassduchess

      In the future, Yahoo will add Photos (30 MB, in album format) to
      groups established before January 1, 2001. When that happens, we'll
      have more than double the storage space and lots more flexibility.

      For members who may not have seen Travels with the Duchess, its Files
      section contains two volumes of Don Blanding images that I moved from
      Photopoint earlier this year:

      Enjoy!