Canadian Military Records Online

  • keith2draw@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2001
      I made a cool discovery tonight. There is a website that allows you
      to view Canadian military records from World War I:

      Just go in and type Blanding under the Surname, and up pops our guy.
      Click on the icon with the double A's, and it takes you to another
      page. Click on the icons that look like pages of text and up pops his
      records.

      It's too large to print out as is, so you might try downloading it to
      your computer (right click on your mouse) and reducing the size in a
      photo editing program.

      Here's the link:
      http://www.archives.ca/02/02010602_e.html

      Let me know what you think...and have fun!

      ~~ Keith
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2001
        Keith,

        Great sleuthing! We're fortunate, as many of the listings do not yet
        have images available.

        The two GIFs show the Attestation Papers (a 2-page form), not DB's
        entire Canadian military records. This record and the 1900 US census
        both point to a birth year of 1893, not 1894. On the other hand,
        both could be wrong.

        Since the GIF's are relatively small, I'll upload them to our Files.

        Are you planning to order a copy of the full records?