Re: Dunites et al

  • cholyday@iinet.net.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2001
      This has been an exciting week reading all this strange and exotic
      duning dialogue. This happened down under too during the depression
      years but it never had any religious links. We still have squatters
      down here occupying beachside land because it's been "in the family"
      for time immemorial. No need for a land title - your grandparents
      built the shack, so it's yours! That's what happens when you have
      lots of coastline and no one living within a 100 miles......lol.
      Re spirituality, I now have 4 DB books - Vagabond's House, The Rest
      of the Road, Floridays and Mostly California. Two only arrived this
      week, so I may be a little premature here, but the chronological
      order already seems, IMO, to be how I rate these as favourites. I did
      detect a more troubled soul in MC, but, as I say, I have not finished
      reading it yet as it only arrived a couple of days back. There is no
      doubt in my mind though that VH and TRotR were more enjoyable and
      uplifting reads, but to each his own as they say.......
      Chris